Friday 24 July 2009

Ben Vs. Contentment

The Republic of Hungary is the next stop for 'House Guest', which has been included as part of Busho 2009, the Budapest Short Film Festival. Dates and times haven't been listed yet, but will put them up when I know. Official website here.
On a less encouraging note, the last month and a half has been strangely decadent - between the awards, the Faith No More show and some unexpected perks in my personal life, June 2009 will probably go on record as one of the best months of my life. The unfortunate side-effect of this is that my weight has gone unacknowledged until now, and I'm back at 96kg after reaching my target of 95kg last month. Not a huge setback, but I need to start thinking more conscientiously so I can throw it into reverse again. See, I'm not wired like most fat guys, I don't eat when I'm down because I can't be bothered. When things are going really well, though, bring on the dim sum, JD and porterhouse steaks.
So, ironically, it's harder to lose weight when I'm in good spirits. It makes a kind of sense - when I was monstrously huge I was always pretty content, and I started successfully losing weight only when I got anxious about my health. Then when I was settled in Bristol and happy again, the loss more or less plateaued.
Psychologically speaking, I could surround myself with negative stimuli and make myself all depressed to start losing weight quicker (y'know, get all paranoid about swine flu, the economy, tick-infested chipmunks that are coming to kill us all, that kind of stuff) but then I'd be a misery-guts and just bug all my friends. So unfortunately the only other option is boring, sensible eating and boring, sensible exercise. But I guess I'd rather be bored than morose.Here we go again.

No comments: